COVID -19 IQ Test - Part 1
Posted by Krishnan Allampallam on Apr 17, 2020 3:08:12 PM
Thank you very much for taking part in the COVID19 Test Your IQ Challenge. Here are the results.
- What does COVID-19 stand for?
Answer: In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona’, ‘VI’ for virus and ‘D’ for disease. The name was given by the World Health Organization (WHO) in February, with the name written in all capital letters.
Score: Only 28.4% of response were correct
- Which of the following viruses is the cause of COVID-19?
Score: 96% of responses were correct
- Which receptor does the SARS –CoV-2 virus bind to gain entry into cells?
Score: 85% of the responses were correct
- Is this statement true or false: ‘Furin, a protease present in many human tissues, play a key role in SARS-CoV-2 infection of human cells
Score: 69.32% of the responses were correct
- Which of the following state is true
- SARS-CoV is a double stranded DNA Virus
- SARS-CoV-2 is a RNA virus -- True
- MERS-CoV is a DNA virus
Score: 85% of responses were correct
- Is this statement true or false
‘The entry of SARS-CoV-2 into a cell depends on both ACE2 and TMPRSS2?
Score: 72% of the responses were correct